Please note that Summit Scholarships are now closed. Registration at a discounted Student rate is still available.
Historic New England is pleased to offer twelve student scholarships to attend the Historic New England Summit on October 13 and 14 at Mechanics Hall in Worcester, Massachusetts. The Summit is New England’s largest conference about the places we live and our collective roles in creating livable and resilient communities. Applications are due Friday, June 17.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be undergraduate, graduate, or trades students enrolled at a New England school in the fall 2022 semester; all areas of study are welcome
- Be able to attend both days of the Summit in person, including a specified scholarship recipient event such as a meet-and-greet with Historic New England staff
- If chosen, provide the contact information of an academic advisor or another school representative who can verify enrollment in good standing
Scholarship and Application Details
- The Historic New England Summit Student Scholarship covers Summit registration, one night hotel accommodations based on the recipient’s location, and a travel/expense stipend of $200.
- Each scholarship recipient will receive a complimentary one-year Historic New England student-level membership.
- Applicants must fully complete and submit the online scholarship application form by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 17, 2022, including the essay describing how attendance at the Historic New England Summit will advance their academic and/or professional goals (maximum 500 words).
- Scholarship selections will be made by Historic New England staff and based on the strength of essay responses.
- Award notifications will be made by July 31, 2022.